What is ESOS?
The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) was introduced to incentivise large UK based businesses to implement energy-saving measures and help to cut UK carbon emissions. The scheme requires affected businesses to carry out energy surveys accompanied by cost-effective recommendations to reduce energy demand and improve energy efficiency. It’s a mandatory requirement for organisations that must comply to produce an audit over a 12-month period once every four years.
Who is affected?
Companies need to comply if they have:
- 250 employees or more
- An annual turnover greater than 50m euros (£44,845,000)
- An annual balance sheet greater than 43m euros (£38,566,700).
If your accounts are quoted in pounds sterling, you should use the Bank of England exchange rate between the euro and pound sterling at close of business on the qualification date.
SMEs and public-sector bodies are generally exempt from the ESOS scheme.
How can our ESOS service help you?
Our team of CIBSE Accredited Low Carbon Assessors, Low Carbon Consultants and ESOS Lead Assessors can help you make the most of the ESOS energy scheme. They gained valuable insights during ESOS Phase 1 and 2 in supporting clients through the Environment Agency audit, which will benefit businesses in the ESOS Phase 3 compliance process.
Our team of lead assessors can support you in the following ways:
- Help you fully understand the ESOS scheme and what it means for your business
- Collate data for building, transport and process energy use
- Analyse your data and energy consumption
- Review your portfolio to determine the number of energy surveys required
- Carry out energy surveys
- Produce survey reports including cost-effective energy efficiency recommendations
- Maximise ESOS scheme benefits
- ESOS review, verification and sign-off
- Prepare the ESOS submission document, evidence pack and sign-off
- Review your ESOS audit results.